The Royal Kingdom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Synchro-Dragon Beatdown

Go down

Synchro-Dragon Beatdown Empty Synchro-Dragon Beatdown

Post  HackedGlitch265 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 am

Alright, this is a deck I built a few days ago. I wanted to have powerful fusions (five-headed dragon), Good synchros (Stardust, Black Rose, Brionac, Mist Wurm) and swarming capabilities (Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, King Dragun) and lasting presence (Masked/Dread Dragons and Wyvern). Only a few tuners, but I can easily get to them with Ravine, either directly into my hand in the case of my two dragunities, or by sending them into the grave, and reviving them with REDMD and using them. Genesis Dragon allows me to recycle just about every single on of my dragons when it is sent to the grave. Light and Darkness Dragon serves to negate Spells, Traps and Monster Effects, although it is a bit risky to use if I've already summoned some of my big guns.

Synchro-Dragon Beatdown Dragon-Synchrobeatdown-1

Main Deck: 41 Cards

Tuners in Bold

Monster Cards: 21
Divine Dragon Ragnarok x1
Flamevell Guard x1
Debris Dragon x1
Dragunity Darkspear x1
Dragunity Phalnax x1
Dread Dragon x1
Genesis Dragon x2
Horus the Black Flame Dragon level 6 x1
Horus the Black Flame Dragon level 8 x1
King of the Swamp x1
Kao'ki Meiru Drago x1
Light and Darkness Dragon x1
Masked Dragon x2
Prime Material Dragon x1
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x2
Red-Eyes Wyvern x2
Stardust Xiaolong x1

Spells: 12
Cards of Consonance x1
Dark Hole x1
Dragon Ravine x2
Dragon's Mirror x1
Future Fusion x1
Gold Sarcophagus x2
My Body as a Shield x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Pot of Avarice x1

Traps: 8
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Dark Bribe x3
Solemn Judgment x1
Solemn Warning x1
Trap Stun x1

Extra Deck:

Five-Headed Dragon x2
King Dragun x1
Ally of Justice Catastor x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Black Wing Dragon x1
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1
Exploder Dragonwing x1
Formula Synchron x1
Iron Chain Dragon x1
Mist Wurm x1
Shooting Quasar Dragon x1
Shooting Star Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x1
T.G. Librarian x1

Cards I'm considering getting rid of:
My Body as a Shield
Pot of avarice
Dark Bribe x1
Dread Dragon
Pot of Avarice

Cards I'd like to include
Torrential Tribute
Burial from a Different Dimension (1, perhaps 2)
Spell/trap negating cards (perhaps a spell absorber)
Dragon's mirror
Allure of Darkness?

Right now, I'm having trouble deciding what to swap out. Monster Reborn seems a tad pointless, since I have ways of reviving monsters with REDMD. Burial from a different dimension would save me my wyverns if I use them to Summon my REDMD from the grave, or 3 of the 5 cards I remove from play for dragon's mirror. I'm thinking of running another dragon's mirror, if only because I rarely/never summon King Dragun, since I tend to have the possibility of summoning 5HD at the same time. Any spell/trap recycling card would also be very nice, if only to re-use my dark bribes or MSTs. Pot of Avarice is kinda touch-n-go for me. While I enjoy the +2 draw, I have to re-add 5 monsters to my deck. While adding 5 back is not generally a problem (Future fusion/battle/synchros tend to get 5 in there quickly), the possibility of having 2 useless draws (such as LnD Dragon with a Prime Material Dragon) isn't too appealing to me. Allure of Darkness could be used for a draw engine, but only if I add-in Burial from a different dimension.

About the synchros: Some look odd, but they have their uses. Blackwing Dragon helps against Bad Reaction/Burn decks. Iron Chain Dragon mills them for 3 cards, which can potentially mill valuable cards for them, or against lightsworns, speed up their self-decking. Exploder Dragonwing just has an awesome effect, and allows me to destroy cards such as marshmallon. Catastor is similar, but allows me to destroy any non-dark monster without battle. Brionac allows me to clear their field, and Black-rose dragon allows me to clean up my opponent, especially if I have a Dragon's mirror ready to go. T.G Librarian is an ok way to draw cards if I get to continually synchro. Stardust is staple, and shooting stardragon can be summoned on occasion with formula synchron, who also allows me to draw one card. Shooting Quasar is there simply because I just wanted it there. Also, if I ever manage to get Catastor, Formula synchron and T.G. Librarian out at the same time, I can actually summon him.
HackedGlitch265
HackedGlitch265
Royal Gods
Royal Gods

https://www.youtube.com/user/HackedGlitch265

Back to top Go down